Q: What is proper reading on wires inside distributor?

My question is regarding the coil inside the distributor. The rotor, cap, and plugs are all new. The wires in my vehicle are fairly new. I have been cranking the car so that I could check the fuel pressure, spark, arc, etc. and the battery is good at 11.88. The coil reads 11.67 on both wires inside the distributor. What is your advice for a proper reading on the wires inside the distributor?

A: 11.88 is low for an automotive battery. A r...

11.88 is low for an automotive battery. A reading within .2 volts of the battery can be expected. It may just be running out of juice from cranking and will need to be charged fully before it is put to use again. With all of the components you have replaced, there should be spark coming out of the spark plug end of the ignition wires. If not, the fault may be in the distributor itself or an engine position sensor. If you would like to have this checked, a certified expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect your electrical circuits in order to have this properly diagnosed.