Q: How do I flush stop leak out of engine/radiator?

asked by on February 20, 2017

I purchased a car only to have it continue to run ho and it's full of stop leak. I have spent thousands to repair this car and need to know how to flush the system.

If somebody has put ’stop leak’ inside the radiator, it will flow through the entire coolant system and has possibly created an obstruction in the heater core or other cooling system component. If you flush the system, it’s possible the ’stuff’ plugging the radiator leak will loosen and create the leak again. If you have not replaced the radiator, this needs to be the first step. I would recommend having one of our mechanics come to your location and replace the radiator and complete a coolant flush; which should resolve your problem.