Q: Does timing belt replacement also include timing cover gasket replacement?

asked by on May 25, 2017

Hello,

A YM mechanic recommended timing cover gasket replacement to fix an oil leak on my Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2003. Since the car is also due for timing belt replacement, I was wondering if timing belt service would also include replacing the timing cover gasket.

Thank you, Sal

Hello Sal, the timing cover gasket would be replaced and included in the estimate with the timing belt. There may be a timing belt kit available which would include coolant pump, gaskets and drive pulleys. Another recommendation would to replace the coolant pump as well, the timing belt drives the pump. Please look at this web site for an estimate. (https://www.yourmechanic.com)

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr