Q: What do I do if the moon roof won’t close correctly?

What do I do if the moon roof won’t close correctly?

A: Like your car’s windows, the moon roof is e...

Like your car’s windows, the moon roof is equipped with a jam protection system designed to prevent the moon roof from closing if something is in the way. If it detects an object in the way, the moon roof will “bounce” backwards. If it does this when there is no obstacle in the way, use the following steps to close it:

1. Make sure you’re stopped.

2. Press the tilt up button. This will initiate an automatic sequence – the moon roof will close, open and then stop. It will pause for a minute and then tilt, before coming back down and closing.

3. Before releasing the switch, make sure the moon roof is completely closed.

If the moon roof tilts back up rather than closing:

1. Press the tilt up button and hold it. The moon roof should tilt and then stop.

2. Let go of the button and then press it again. Hold it. The moon roof will go through the same automatic sequence as above and should eventually close completely.

Tip

If neither of these methods works, have the car inspected.