Q: My car won't start up after sitting for awhile unless I apply gas. I don't know if it is my fuel pump relay or my fuel filter.

asked by on February 23, 2017

My car won't start up after sitting for awhile unless I apply gas. I don't know if it is my fuel pump relay or my fuel filter.

Sometimes the idle control valve will stick closed and with the throttle closed little to no air gets into the engine when trying to start the engine. You should have the throttle body and idle control valve cleaned to see if it fixes the problem. If not then replace the idle control valve and retest.