Q: Car won't start after sitting.

asked by on December 21, 2015

Car has been sitting for several months and will not start. It could be as simple as needing a jumpstart or a new battery, or it could be something more complicated, not sure.

As a car sits it is still using the battery so after a few months it is common for the battery to be drained because it hasn’t been charged by the alternator. Jump starting it should work to get the car started. If your car sits for a long period of time I would recommend using a battery tender to keep a slow charge on it. You can always have a mechanic do a ’no start’ inspection.