Q: Car sitting low due to snow weight.

I hear a rumbling sound while driving my car. It feels like the muffler. Also, the rear of the car seems low, with the wheel wells close to the tires. The car has been buried under snow for three months.

I am from the deep south and do not see any snow, but have been in areas of heavy snow in my career. My first thought would be that the vehicle rear springs were subjected to being compressed for a long period and now the springs and rear struts would have to be replaced. I would recommend having a mechanic, like the certified ones at YourMechanic, come and check it out for you to see what is causing the problem. The ride height can be measured to see if the springs and struts have failed and cannot support the weight of the vehicle any more.

3. Car sitting low due to snow weight.