Q: My tires worked 10 years and now dry // are they cause of excessive fuel consumption?

asked by on September 13, 2016

my car stopped one year then I moved it I noticed excessive fuel consumption? what is my problem? and what is solution? thanks

Hi there. If the vehicle has been sitting for that long and now the fuel mileage is low, then the first thing that needs to be done is to drive the vehicle for about 5,000 miles. Just like when the vehicle is new, it has an adaptive memory that needs to learn your driving habits. Once it does this, the MPG should increase. If not, then you may have a dirty air flow sensor or oxygen sensor. In some cases, it may need to have the computer re-flashed. If you still need help pinpointing the issue, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the decrease in fuel economy and assist with a repair.