Q: Q: Sunroof stuck open

The sunroof is tilted open and won't close. The panoramic blind does not close either.

Hi. The sunroof becoming inoperable is a common problem that many R350 owners encounter. The sunroof motors Mercedes produced on these vehicles have been problematic for many owners. They often fail and will need replacement. However, the motor itself is not always the issue hindering the sunroof operation. I suggest testing the fuse and inspecting the sunroof track path before deeming the sunroof motor as bad. There is also a possibility of the sunroof parts being fine, but the sunroof system somehow came out of sync and needs to be reprogrammed. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will easily be able to inspect the component’s issue, as well as perform the reprogramming procedure.

3. Q: Sunroof stuck open