Q: I have a 1990 honda accord 4 door sedan and i spent 2 weaks going through alot to replace my water pump and i finally got the wate

asked by on August 26, 2017

I want go know what the problem could be with my car and now much it will cost because i dont have alot of Money to work with.my car overheats all the time and i replaced the water pump and i havent put rhe new thermostat in but it has no thermostat in it right now

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If the car is overheating without a thermostat and the water pump is new and being driven at sufficient speed, you might have a blockage, such as in the radiator. Other causes of overheating include low coolant level (including that due to leaks), a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket, poor engine running condition or exhaust blockages can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr