Q: 2012 BMW 535xi shakes at 50 mph when braking

When I drive at 50 mph on average, the car starts to shake badly when I apply the brake pedal. I went to the dealership several times already. The repairs include brakes replacement, and tire change. Also they had the alignment and balance done. After all these repairs, I still experience the car shuddering badly when I'm braking. Also, when I go to reverse, there is a squeaking noise noticeable. What should I do?

If you’ve had both sets of rotors replaced, then I will assume the brakes are not the problem. Other issues that would cause the problem you are having include worn wheel bearings, worn steering or suspension parts, or tires that are worn/damaged. I suggest you get a second professional opinion on this. If you’d like to have this checked elsewhere, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the shaking issue and assist with repair.