Q: ABS problem?

im not completly sure if its the ABS or not but when my car slides on ice or what have you the breaks peddal wont press down right and it feels like there is a rock in the pad or something it sort of grinds and bounces , doesnt really stop the car very well at all but ONLY when the car slides , the breaks work fine near as I can tell otherwise

When your ABS system detects the wheels are losing contact with the road you will see and feel various braking pulsations, hard pedal as the ABS is trying to help you keep control on the ice. Once the 4 tires are at a stop the ABS does not thing the vehicle is moving anymore. You should have the vehicle checked but I think your ABS is acting normal. If you do not have an ABS light on then it most likely is acting normal. To be safe have the system verified to have no problems. If the ABS light is on then you may have a problem and need to have it tested and repaired.

3. Q: ABS problem?