Q: Radio turns on but there's no sound

My radio sound suddenly faded away and now will not emit any sound but it still turns on. I have replaced the radio amp and checked all fuses under the radio and everything is fine.Any idea what it could be?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your 199...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 1991 Volvo 740. I would suggest checking all of the speaker wire connections as these often times run underneath seats and sometimes have more than one connection to get to the stereo. It is not uncommon for these to become disconnected or short out. As electrical issues can be hard to pinpoint, you may want to have an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the issue with your radio firsthand. Best if luck.