Q: Changed starter on 95 Ford Thunderbird. When connecting neg cable to battery, starter engages.

After changing starter, hooking up neg cable to battery, starter engages. Any ideas?

It is possible that the signal wire for the starter was hooked up on the same ring as the positive lead from the battery. This would cause the issue you are experiencing. I would recheck your starter connections to ensure that the signal wire is connected separately from the power lead.

3. Changed starter on 95 Ford Thunderbird. When connecting neg cable to battery, starter engages.