Q: Why doesn't my turn signals work unless I press the emergency lights first and why does my hot & cold meter not moving

Why doesn't my turn signals work unless I press the emergency lights first and why does my hot & cold meter not moving When I start my car and drive so I wouldn't know if my car is getting too hot

Hello there, you have a few different faults with your 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. If the turn signals do not work without the hazard lights than the most common failure would be a turn signal stalk failure, wiring harness fault, or a shorted wire.

For the coolant temperature gauge not working the most common faults are the coolant temp sensor, faulty temperature gauge, or a wiring harness fault.

A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your vehicle by performing an overall inspection then making any repairs that are required.

• Why doesn't my turn signals work unless I press the emergency lights first and why does my hot & cold meter not moving