Q: Why doesn't my turn signals work unless I press the emergency lights first and why does my hot & cold meter not moving

Why doesn't my turn signals work unless I press the emergency lights first and why does my hot & cold meter not moving When I start my car and drive so I wouldn't know if my car is getting too hot

Hello there, you have a few different faults with your 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. If the turn signals do not work without the hazard lights than the most common failure would be a turn signal stalk failure, wiring harness fault, or a shorted wire.

For the coolant temperature gauge not working the most common faults are the coolant temp sensor, faulty temperature gauge, or a wiring harness fault.

A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your vehicle by performing an overall inspection then making any repairs that are required.

3. Why doesn't my turn signals work unless I press the emergency lights first and why does my hot & cold meter not moving