Q: Hello, I have a 1997 Nissan Maxima and it has no compression reading from cylinder #2.

asked by on February 23, 2017

2 and the other 5 cylinders read at 150. Is it possible the valve is dead? What could the cause be? And how much does something like a valve job cost? Thanks

Hello. It is possible that you have a bent valve but instead you may have a warped valve seat. Whether or not that is the case what is most likely causing the lack of compression in your engine is a bad piston ring. A usual valve job is about 1000 - $2,500 considering if there wasn’t anything such as a warped valve seat present, which would require extra labor. It will be best to call a local performance or machine shop. They should be able to give you better advice/guidance on this subject.