Q: What do the iPod error messages mean?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What do the iPod error messages mean?

While connecting your iPod to your car’s radio and listening to music stored on the device is pretty simple, there can be problems. When the system encounters an issue, it will display one of several different error codes. Understanding these codes will help you troubleshoot audio system operation.

• iPod Error: This means that the system can’t read the data on your iPod or there is no readable data

• Error 3: iPod malfunction

• Error 4: Overcurrent (disconnect and reconnect the iPod)

• Error 5: The iPod is not communicating correctly with the audio system

• Error 6: Authentication has failed

• No Songs: Your iPod has no song files

• No Playlist: Some songs aren’t in playlist format

• Update your iPod: The OS for your iPod is out of date and needs to be updated

Tips

• Most problems can be solved by disconnecting the iPod, turning the radio off, and then reconnecting.

• Your car’s radio can recognize most types of iPods but not all.

• The radio may not recognize all operating system versions. Make sure your iPod is updated.