Q: Car suddenly stalls

The car while moving goes on a sudden rave then goes off with all dashboard signs on.then it takes a while before starting again or sometimes starts immediately. On two occasions it didn't start in the morning when I tried to start it only giving a powering sound but ends up not starting at all.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. The symptoms you are experiencing can be caused by many things. If the vehicle is not starting or is suddenly stalling and then displaying all of the warning lamps then that could be a sign of potential electrical problems. If the issue is intermittent, appears to come and go, then that possibility is even more likely. It could also be possible that there is an issue with the vehicle’s fuel, ignition, or engine management systems. A failure of any of the vital components to these systems, such as the fuel pump, or the crank position sensor, can often cause symptoms similar to those you are experiencing. If there is a warning light that stays on after the vehicle is started then retrieving the trouble codes will likely shed some light on what the issue could be. As no start conditions can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, especially if they are intermittent, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what may be causing your issues.