Q: 2.0L diesel sluggish acceleration

Car has poor acceleration and poor fuel efficiency. I was thinking it might be a bad maf/map sensor. What are your thoughts and do you know which kind of sensor does this model have? Car details: suzuki vitara 1997 2.0L turbo intercooler

I would suggest checking the MAF sensor for starters, but also check timing to be sure it set properly. This can affect the fuel economy and the acceleration for sure. When the timing is not correct, the combustion cycle will not be correct and the air/fuel mixture will not be burnt effectively resulting in a loss of power and fuel economy. You should have your car’s loss of power symptoms diagnosed firsthand by a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic. They will be able to pinpoint the issue and help you fix it accordingly.

3. 2.0L diesel sluggish acceleration