Q: Van will start sputtering then shut off after running my delivery route for a couple hours

After running my van a couple hours,it will start to sputter then cut off.Even if I press the gas pedal when it is sputtering it will still cut off.It will cut back on but when I leave it in park for 5 minutes,it will shut back off.I've changed the ignition control module and it ran fine for a day or so,but the problem came back up. It will start back up after it cuts off

Hi there. Replacing the ignition control module, you may have touched on something that allowed your engine to run fine for a day. The fact, it runs fine for a couple of hours and then starts sputtering and dies, leads me to believe a component is breaking down. This could be any number of possibilities, a faulty ignition coil, high resistance in the spark plug wires especially the coil (stinger) wire. The distributor cap is a fairly common failure. This could also be a fuel delivery related issue. Replacing components without diagnoses, can be expensive and time consuming without resolution. I recommend having your vehicle’s sputters and dies be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Van will start sputtering then shut off after running my delivery route for a couple hours