Q: 1993 Lincoln towncar revs up by itself while idling but not while driving. what's the most common cause for this?

My car recently started to rev up by itself while idling in park. It does not do it while driving. What is the most common cause of this?

Hi there. In most cases, when the engine will idle higher after shifting into neutral or park is an indication of a vacuum leak. It could also be due to a malfunction of the idle control valve, or a malfunction of the throttle body itself. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an engine idle is high inspection, to determine the root source of this problem and recommend or complete the right repairs.

3. 1993 Lincoln towncar revs up by itself while idling but not while driving. what's the most common cause for this?