Q: Oil change intervals

I know your supooposed to change your oil every 3-5000 miles I just hit 5000. I check my oil last week its still light brown and at the max mark. I only drive on the highway. My Manuel says 3000 for city driving and 7500 for highway . Should I just keep checking it or should I get my oil changed now ?

Most modern day vehicles are able to last between 5,000 to 10,000 between oil changes. Many shops promote the "every 3,000 miles" oil change intervals simply as a means to keep their shops busy. As long as you check your oil regularly and maintain good service intervals, you should be fine. I would recommend having your oil changed in the near future by having a professional from YourMechenic come to your location to perform an oil change service.