Q: Oil change intervals

I know your supooposed to change your oil every 3-5000 miles I just hit 5000. I check my oil last week its still light brown and at the max mark. I only drive on the highway. My Manuel says 3000 for city driving and 7500 for highway . Should I just keep checking it or should I get my oil changed now ?

A: Most modern day vehicles are able to last b...

Most modern day vehicles are able to last between 5,000 to 10,000 between oil changes. Many shops promote the "every 3,000 miles" oil change intervals simply as a means to keep their shops busy. As long as you check your oil regularly and maintain good service intervals, you should be fine. I would recommend having your oil changed in the near future by having a professional from YourMechenic come to your location to perform an oil change service.