Q: Parking brake cable disconnected

It looks like my car has a parking brake cable disconnected.

Parking brake cables are made of metal strands with solid metal ends to link the different sections together. It is not common for them to break but they do from time to time due to the heavy stretching pressure put on them every time the parking brake is engaged. If this is the case it will be necessary to replace the parking cable that has broken. I would suggest seeking the help of a qualified technician, such as one form YourMechanic to help you determine which section needs to be replaced. If your state has a yearly safety inspection, it will not pass without the parking brake being functional.