Q: Truck cranks but won't start

asked by on February 22, 2016

After changing the battery terminal, the truck won't start. It cranks over, but I don't think is getting gas.

Hello. If this happened right after replacing the battery terminal, then you may have a security system issue or a problem with the crank position sensor. Most of the time when you have a loss of voltage, the security system will fail to recognize the key. You would see this if the security light is on when cranking the engine. If it is, then the system can be reprogrammed to see if it will start. If that that is not case, then it may be the crank sensor. If you need to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to locate the cause of your starting issue and make the needed repairs.