Q: Car feels like it want to launch more pressure on brake than usual rpm jumping up and down when in neutral or park

asked by on June 01, 2017

My car just recently started acting up i already cleaned out the throttlebody and nothing any more tips on what can be causing my car to have uneven rpm when i start it its normal at 1000 after i put i to drive then back to park the car starts reving itself between 1000 to 1500 every so oftwn it will shoot up to 2000 what can it be?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Unfortunately, there are a large number of components that can cause this. The vehicle needs to be scanned for diagnostic codes. Even without an engine light on, there may be code present pertaining to an issue the computer is detecting. If there are no codes to work with, you will want to look into the basics. Start with testing for proper fuel pressure, spark timing and voltage, crankshaft sensors, compression, and timing. For more help with this testing and diagnostic work, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.