Q: Key does not work on doors but starts the engine in the car.

I removed batteries from key now it's not opening door or boot but starts car how can I get it to work

Hi there. Take the key fob that unlocks the door and put it up by the column. Press the lock and unlock twice and see if the doors will lock and unlock. If the door locks will not work, then put the manual key in the driver door and unlock and lock the driver door 3 times. While you do this, push on the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob as you lock and unlock the doors at the same time. This will reprogram the key fob to the door locks. If you need further assistance with your key fob not unlocking the doors, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Key does not work on doors but starts the engine in the car.