Q: Idle at 250 rpm

My car idles somewhere around 250 rpm and I can't seem to find a fix for it. besides how low it idles, there isn't anything noticeable about it. The RPMs don't dip or jump suddenly, is just constantly sits at 250. Also I feel like the car lacks some power. I have to push the gas down hard to get the car to move at a reasonable pace.

A: Most engines would not be able to stay runn...

Most engines would not be able to stay running if the RPM's are at 250 RPM's. You may have another problem that is causing the gauge to not read correctly. If the vehicle brake is held while you push the accelerator, the computer will limit the throttle opening speed and may even limit the throttle opening maximum. You will need to have the computer scanned and the brake switch checked for proper adjustment and operation. You may also need to have the throttle plates cleaned of carbon. If you want to have a certified technician take a look at your car firsthand, a professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to test the vehicle and diagnose your car's loss of power issue.