Q: 2003 Toyota Rav4 drivers sun visor arm broke.

asked by on June 17, 2016

I have a 2003 Toyota Rav4. The drivers sun visor arm broke. I ordered a new one from Amazon, but it came with extra parts attached to the mounting bracket. The extra part is like a safety light cover over the end of the arm. Do I remove this part to install in the small hole in the ceiling or what?

Hello there, I will answer this question to the best of my abilities without being able to see the particular part. In general replacement parts should look exactly like the part that was removed. If they look different it may be a universal part or not the right part.

The cover you have described sounds like it may be a part that can be removed. I can not make a determination either way without seeing both parts, but if you are unsure I would advise you to contact the product manufacture. The part may be a universal part that fits multiple models and may need to be changed to fit your exact car.

If you feel like you need more help with the installation of your sun visor, contact a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to help out at your convenience.