Q: Lights, radio, windows not working, SRS light on, car runs very rough

This morning while driving to the bus station, my lights suddenly dimmed-outside stopped working completely, inside lights very dim, altimeter not working, power windows not working, can running very rough, barely got it to a parking spot, radio not working, The SRS light is on. Any idea what could be the problem and approximate cost of a repair? These were all working fine until this morning.

A: This is likely either a dead battery or a b...

This is likely either a dead battery or a battery connection problem. Try checking the battery ground (black cable opposite end of the battery connection) to be sure is properly connected to the chassis of the car. An intermittent ground or simply a weak battery can cause the dimming of the lights and loss of power as you describe. If you need guidance by an expert, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the loss of power and let you know what should be repaired.