Q: I have V8 4.6 Eddie Bauer Explorer. When I take off, at the end of first and second gear there's a rattle noise.

Truck rattled at end of 1at gear and 2no hear. Kinda sounds like years ago when u put cheap gas in your car . Once hits drive and overdrive it's fine . Doesn't tap or rattle in idle or park at all.

A: The noise you may be hearing is a pre ignit...

The noise you may be hearing is a pre ignition ping caused by a combination of a lean fuel to air mixture and advanced ignition timing. The most common cause of this engine pinging noise. You should first have the engine computer scanned for any codes then view the computer data to look at the mass air sensor barometric sensor reading to see if it is accurate. The reading should be within 1000 feet of your vehicle location. There is instances where the sensor is reading a barometric reading of over 10,000 feet when the vehicle is at close to sea level. This would cause the fuel injection to inject less fuel and cause the lean condition and engine ping. If the readings for the mass airflow sensor is not correct the replace the mass airflow sensor. If you are using an oil bath type air filter it may damage the mass air sensor and should be replaced with a paper type filter. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your location to diagnose the noise firsthand and fix the issue accordingly.