Q: Brake locking - 1990 BMW 750iL

asked by on September 04, 2016

I have major problem with the brakes on my car which get locked up when applied. I tried to troubleshoot the issue by replacing the brake pads, rotors, front calipers and hoses but this hasn't helped at all. What else might help?

Your vehicle uses a high-pressure hydraulic brake booster. It’s likely that the pressure regulator sensors that provide the braking assistance are not functioning correctly, providing too much "braking assistance". A professional mechanic, like YourMechanic, can assist with diagnosis of your braking system, and make the necessary repairs.