Q: Jerking reaction when accelerating

Car has cut out while driving at around 40mph, battery light cane on when this happened started car again while rolling still and started fine. Will sometimes start and run smooth other times starts and runs with like a slight vibration, like its about to cut out but doesn't. And while driving will randomly like mimic a bunny hop type action, its like a 3 beat du du du n then the car continues driving normally, best way I can describe it is either someone who's heavy footed hitting accelerator too hard or dipping the clutch and not pressing the brake quick enough n you get that judder before its about to stall, it doesn't happen every day or all the time it's random

This may be related to a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is dirty or faulty, this causes an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. When this is not working properly, you may also notice a strong smell of fuel. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your mass air flow sensor.

3. Jerking reaction when accelerating