Q: Injector clogged metal shavings

My F350 diesel has 2500 miles on it. It wasn't running very well and I had to take it to the dealer for repair. They told me one of the injectors was clogged with metal shavings. Have you ever heard of this? Is this true or some kind of bologna from the dealership? Thanks.

Hello there, having faults within the first 5000 miles is not uncommon. This is the time where any faults from the factory will show themselves. It is entirely possible that through the manufacturing process, a piece of metal worn off and broke somewhere in the fuel system and clogged the fuel injector. If you are still in need of repair and would like to go elsewhere than the dealership, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to perform any needed services.