Q: Car flashed bunch of warning light when turned off has power to nothing also had a electrical smell under hood

asked by on February 09, 2017

Got off work drove for 10 Mins. When got into parking lot fcw light, abs light as well as low battery mode came on as well as turned stereo off . Once stopped it had an odour and a engine whine. When I turned car off and try to restart nothing in the car had power . I thought alt. Was toast so took battery out an volt tested and it was not dead. Before I took battery out I try's to boost it and still had zero power to anything. Not sure what's going on

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Typically when you smell electrical smoke, that’s a pretty good indication that a wire, relay or electrically powered system has been damaged. Looking at your symptoms, it’s likely that a relay is damaged or the source of your issues. However, since there are dozens of relays under the hood of your Chrysler 300, and other possible problems, it’s a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete an electrical problems inspection before guessing or trying to make other repairs.