P0116 Code. Engine Temperature is high. Do I have air in my system? Water Pump issues?

I just replaced my thermostat and Temp Control Sensor for my Saab 9-3 2004 Linear. I also flushed my system and replaced with new fluid. Engine light still on (p0116 code) Before repair I was getting no hot air in cabin and eng Temp was not getting off of L. Now eng temp is between a 1/4 and 1/2 on gauge and hot air is back. Also top hose to radiator is not getting hot after running. Hoses into heater core are hot. I believe it is a pressurized coolant system because everything goes thru the reservoir. I am seeing no leaks. Reservoir level constant. What could be the problem. Do I have air in my system? Water Pump issues? ( but engine is not overheating before/after repair). I just put the Temp Control Sensor in last night and ran the car awhile but engine light still on. Do I need to road test it to get engine temp up for Sensor to kick in? Are there any additional sensors/fuses I need to check related to this? I could not locate any. Thx

Hi there. Check the thermostat by watching the coolant temperature gauge. When the engine gets hot and the thermostat opens up, then needle moves down a little bit. If the needle does not move and the system seems to be getting hot faster than normal, then it is suspicious that the thermostat is stuck open. I recommend replacing the thermostat as it can fail at any time. If you need further assistance with your coolant getting hot too fast, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.