Q: Car won't go forward.

Car engine starts, but the car won't go forward. I think I saw a message pop up about the power steering.

The power steering on this vehicle has an electrical power steering pump that supplies pressure to the system and communicates to the computer system on the vehicle for any problems. If you say you are seeing a power steering light on the dash, then it may mean you have an issue with the power steering and if you do then the system may not enable the vehicle to move as a safety block so you do not drive a vehicle with no power steering. I recommend you have a certified mechanic check and scan your system for problem with the power steering pump system. There is a technical bulletin for a replacement pump and reprogram needed.