Q: What would cause my engine to make a squealing noise in my 2012 Jeep Wrangler

asked by on April 14, 2017

Squeling noise when the engine is idle and it continues after I drive off

Hi there. From your description of the noise and when it occurs it sounds like it is coming from the belt. It may be as simple as a worn out belt or one of the engine accessories may be failing. I usually check the condition of the belt and see if it is worn out. If it is then I would remove it and spin each pulley to see if any of them are making noise which would indicate a failure. It is very common for the water pump to start to fail and make this same noise. If you need to get this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why it is making a squealing noise] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/loud-squealing-or-rattling-is-coming-from-engine-inspection

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr