Q: Slave cylinder rattling

I just replaced the clutch on my neon and I think I put the throw out bearing on upside down and the my slave cylinder started visibly rattling around out side my transmission, do you think the vibrations from the throw out bearing being in wrong could cause the slave cylinder to rattle around like it is or do you think it could be another issue. Thanks in advance

Hello there, clutch replacement on your 2005 Dodge Neon is a large job. If the rattle started after the repair was performed then it’s likely the repair caused the rattling. The throwout bearing slips over the release lever and should only go on one way. If the pressure plate and clutch where not centered properly when they were installed, this could cause a vibration. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your clutch issues and make any repairs required.

3. Slave cylinder rattling