Q: I need to find out the location of the Exhaust Camshaft Position Sensor Bank 1 on a 2008 Infiniti EX35.

I need to find out the location of the Exhaust Camshaft Position Sensor Bank 1 on a 2008 Infiniti EX35. My engine stalls sometimes when trying to accelerate from a stop or sometimes it will stall when stopping. Only does when warmed up. Would the camshaft sensor cause this problem? The code read says the exhaust camshaft sensor bank 1 was sensed being out of parameters for a determined time. Is there anything else i should be aware of?

Hello, thank you for writing in. The bank 1 camshaft position sensor is going to be located on the front of the engine. Most specifically it is going to be located right below the valve cover on the bank (or side of the engine) that includes cylinder 1. On your specific vehicle, this should be the side of the engine is on the driver’s side. Your owner;s manual will have more information on cylinders and firing orders. With that being said, the sensor will cause running issues and should be replaced first before turning your attention to any other potential problems. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.