Q: Car goes into limp mode when the check engine light and VSA light comes on

Car hesitates to start which causes the check engine light and VSA light to come on puts car into limp mode. Check engine light flashes when driving but stops when in park. When car is put in nuetral and accelerator is presses check engine light begans to flash. Goes off after ignition is started several times. What causes this and how can it be fixed. Had starter replaced last year.

The lights that you have on and the vehicle going into fail safe mode is an indication you have a major system failure that will require computer to be tested for codes first. There are many possible codes it can be so the additional testing will be needed to isolate the cause of the problem.