Q: sluggish not much power

My Saturn has 26,000 miles on it. It has been very sluggish going up hills, in stop and go traffic and on freeways. I have to floor the gas, and it takes a very long time to get up to speed. It feels like I am pulling something heavy and the engine revs up, but there is not much power. I called the Saturn shop and they told me it could be the catalytic converter. But someone else told me it might be a clogged fuel injector. My car is using up allot of gas now, and it's getting worse. I have put in a fuel injector cleaner - tune up in a bottle - and it really scares me. I have to drive 60 miles a day - to and from work and don't have the money to waste. Do you have any idea what my problem could be?

A: A clogged catalytic converter can increase ...

A clogged catalytic converter can increase exhaust system pressure robbing the engine of power. Along with this overheating, excessive fuel consumption can also occur. The exhaust system pressure should be checked and compared to specification to ensure the catalytic converter is not partially clogged. If it is, then the catalytic converter will need to be replaced. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose and repair the vehicle's loss of power.