Q: Ford Taurus vs. Chevy Impala

What should I look for when looking at Ford Taurus or Chevy Impala? Do you notice any difference in quality or reliability in police and regular cars?

The police cars have higher quality of course. But if you are talking about buying a used one, they generally beat the heck out of them and a lot of them are falling apart. That’s why they are trying to sell them to you. If you were to buy one brand new, then yes, it’s definitely a good idea. But if you are going to buy one of those things used, my advice is to drive it and road-test it, and see if you’ve got one that seems really good. Then call the guys at YourMechanic. They’ll be able to do a comprehensive vehicle pre-purchase inspection. They will inspect it and tell you if it’s in good shape or not. You don’t want to chance it with one of those things.

3. Ford Taurus vs. Chevy Impala