Q: Ford Taurus vs. Chevy Impala

What should I look for when looking at Ford Taurus or Chevy Impala? Do you notice any difference in quality or reliability in police and regular cars?

A: The police cars have higher quality of cour...

The police cars have higher quality of course. But if you are talking about buying a used one, they generally beat the heck out of them and a lot of them are falling apart. That's why they are trying to sell them to you. If you were to buy one brand new, then yes, it's definitely a good idea. But if you are going to buy one of those things used, my advice is to drive it and road-test it, and see if you've got one that seems really good. Then call the guys at YourMechanic. They'll be able to do a comprehensive vehicle pre-purchase inspection. They will inspect it and tell you if it's in good shape or not. You don't want to chance it with one of those things.