Q: Jerking during deceleration.

asked by on March 01, 2017

Ok I bought an 87 jeep wrangler a couple weeks ago. It has 77 Wagoner axles under it and a 93 Cherokee sport motor and trans (5 speed manual). When driving it does good untill I let off the gas pedal and then it jearks to the right and it takes a second to get it under control. If I push the clutch in it isn't as bad but still does it some. Don't know if I need to add a track bar or maybe dual steering stabalizer shock set up to help. What do you think it might be and what would be the best solution?

Check all of the driveshafts in the jeep and see if any universal joints are worn causing the shafts to move around when letting off the throttle. The universal joints in the front axles are the most common joint to fail as they are not usually serviced and are overlooked. If you need further assistance with your vehicle jerking when letting off the throttle and moving to the right, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.