Q: P2098, P0153

Replaced parts O2 sensor, manifold gasket, EGR valve on bank 2

Hi, thanks for writing in. If you have replaced both of the O2 sensors on bank 2, and reset the fail codes, it may still take a certain number of start/run cycles before the ECM (engine computer) decides it’s okay to turn off the check engine light. Be sure the fuses are fine, and the wiring to these O2 sensors is intact as well. If these codes persist, check for low fuel pressure, air leaks in the intake or engine misfiring (bad plugs or coils). If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect these codes for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.

3. P2098, P0153