Q: Q: Check Engine light is on

The Check Engine light is on on my car's dash. We already read the code, and found that it is a misfire code. We've changed the spark plugs, the coil pack, the coil's themselves, the fuel injectors, everything that has to do with a misfire! The car NOW runs soomthly, but the code keeps showing up. Is this a faulty wire or something? How do I get rid of the Check Engine light for good on the misfire code? If I erase it, after a while, it shows up again!!

Hello, thank you for writing in. The work you have put in thus far is only benefiting your car, but misfires can be a lot trickier than most think. You may be having a low fuel pressure issue, dirty MAF sensor, dirty throttle body, EGR valve issues, or a vacuum leak (just to name a few). You can clean the MAF sensor and throttle body to help eliminate those components. You may also want to measure the fuel pressure at the engine with a fuel pressure gauge. Low fuel pressure will either be an issue with the pump or a clogged fuel filter. For more help with testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Q: Check Engine light is on