Q: Check Engine light is on

asked by on August 02, 2017

The Check Engine light is on on my car's dash. We already read the code, and found that it is a misfire code. We've changed the spark plugs, the coil pack, the coil's themselves, the fuel injectors, everything that has to do with a misfire! The car NOW runs soomthly, but the code keeps showing up. Is this a faulty wire or something? How do I get rid of the Check Engine light for good on the misfire code? If I erase it, after a while, it shows up again!!

Engine is misfiring Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The work you have put in thus far is only benefiting your car, but misfires can be a lot trickier than most think. You may be having a low fuel pressure issue, dirty MAF sensor, dirty throttle body, EGR valve issues, or a vacuum leak (just to name a few). You can clean the MAF sensor and throttle body to help eliminate those components. You may also want to measure the fuel pressure at the engine with a fuel pressure gauge. Low fuel pressure will either be an issue with the pump or a clogged fuel filter. For more help with testing, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.