Q: Checking transmission fluid on 2002 Ford Explorers

What's up with the 2002 Ford Explorers? There is no way I know how to check the transmission fluid.

Yes, the engineers have chose to go that way. They want to keep it so you can go to them. There’s a very complicated way to check the fluid. You need all kinds of tools and special equipment. They are just doing that to say that to emphasize that it is a "lifetime" fluid, so there is nothing you can really do about it. Pretty much made it so that you can’t check yourself. But, always check to make sure that nothing’s dripping, and if nothing drips and hits the ground then it’s not leaking and you shouldn’t be too worried. I’d still though, have a mechanic change the transmission fluid at least every 70-80,000 miles regardless of them saying it is a lifetime fluid. This will help keep the transmission in the best shape possible.