Q: Upside down light and exclamation warning came on

I've noticed the unusual symbol on the dashboard of my car. It's an upside down light with an exclamation. What does this warning mean? Is it serious? Thank you.

I believe the light you are referring to is your TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) Light. The symbol is intended to look like a tire with an exclamation point where the air goes inside the tire.

This light comes on to indicate that one or more of your tires has a lower pressure than specified on the door placard. If this light comes on your dash, you should stop and check your tire pressure at the next earliest opportunity. Tire blowouts can occur due to low tire pressure and it is always better to be safe than sorry. Having a tire pressure gauge handy in your vehicle can go a long way to help prevent unnecessary breakdowns.