Q: My rpm gauge is jumping while car is not runnig

I've been experiencing difficulties while trying to start my car and it would die sometimes while driving. Originally I thought it was my fuel, being my pump, lines, filter or my relay. Replaced my filter, put some injector in it and replaced my relay. Longer story short, when in the on position I notice the rpm gauge is jumping and while that is happening I can hear a sound like some kind of shortage. It sounds like it's coming from the distributor cap, but I replaced that about 2 months ago. Can someone please help. I'm tired of spending money and not fixing the actual problem

The issues you are having are going to need further testing. You will want to have your vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. If a code has been triggered you will have a better idea if your issue is sensor related. Your problems may still be related to spark. You mentioned having replaced the distributor. Did you replace the spark plugs as well? Were the plugs gapped properly? Fouled or improperly gapped spark plugs can cause the engine to malfuntion. You should verify those repairs were done well and are still holding up.