Q: transmission wont push back on clutch slave cylinder

asked by on October 14, 2016

i had trouble with the clutch hitting the floor one morning and found a leak where the slave cylinder meets the rubber boot. so i replaced the slave cylinder and attempted to bleed and had no pressure so i unbolted the slave cylinder from the housing and noticed that the transmission isn't pushing back on clutch slave cylinder. what do i do from here. or am i doing something wrong?

Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement $135.37 - $414.28 Get a Quote

Hello, The slave cylinder is meant to be bench bled just as a master cylinder is. If this is not done it can cause air to remain in the slave cylinder. This will allow the slave cylinder to fully compress and create no pressure. This is the reason that the pedal does not return. I would recommend removing the slave cylinder from the vehicle and attaching it to a bench vise. Once this has been done you can then bench bleed it to remove any air inside of it. Then reinstall it to the vehicle and continue the process from where you left off. YourMechanic can replace your cylinder if necessary, you can find out more information by click here