Q: Burning smell from inside the cab?

Hello, I have a 93 Honda Accord SE (Automatic). I'm smelling a burning smell in the cab after long drives. My dash lights have also started to flicker occasionally. It's hard to pinpoint because my power steering belt is slipping, and the pump is failing. I also just changed my cat. But this doesn't smell like burnt rubber, burning oil or rotten eggs.. it smells like an electrical fire. Possibly coming through the vents when the heat is on?

Sounds like you have a handful of things to deal with. But as for the burning smell; if it is coming from the vents when the heat is on, it could be that you have a blower resistor overheating. The blower resistor controls the blower speed and lives in the air stream in the heater because it gets hot under normal operation and uses the moving air to cool it down. If it is getting too hot, it could be because the resistor itself is failing or the fan motor is dying so it is drawing more current. Or it might be that the air intakes are stopped up with leaves and stuff. First check if you can clean the air intakes, and if your car uses a cabin air filter, replace that. If you still have a problem, contact YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your strange smell and let you know what is the solution.

3. Burning smell from inside the cab?